Thursday, May 8, 2008

Wizetrade: Wizefest

What is WizeFEST? Wizefest is Wizetrade's ultimate community-building and training event. Each year, they bring together thousands of traders from around the world for the very best in training, networking and socializing. WizeFEST, a tradition since 2002, is characterized by contagious energy and a strong desire to work to improve trading skills. This incredible event grows in scope each year as wizetrade adds more training classes and increases the opportunities for networking among its diverse customers.

I didn't get a chance to attend last year's wizefest, but I went in 2006 when Bob Dole was the guest speaker. It was a lot more than I expected. When I heard about wizefest, I initially imagined it would be a meeting with a bunch of stuff-neck conservatives walking around with geeky glasses laughing about how rich they are. I also imagined the atmosphere would be a small hotel ball room with a few balloons and picnic tables set up.

Boy was I wrong! Wizefest was extraordinary! Once I walked into the building I was engulfed in this weird presence of success. No matter how negative or pissed off you could have been that day, once you walked into that aurora, you were hooked in. The coolest thing was the live wizetrade tv broadcast they were doing. Back then wizetradetv was in its early stages of development. But you could tell they pulled out all the stops to get it up and running. I don't know the exact count, but there had to be at least 10,000 or more people in attendance.

Surrounding the foyer was the booths displaying the new programs that were due to be released. People were eagerly waiting in line. Many were waiting for hours. I got in line amongst them and asked one of the guys what he thought about wizetrade. He told me something along the lines of, "It's awesome! It took me off of my dead end job." Upon attending Wizefest, I had only been using the wizetrade software for a couple months. I was a newbie but I was fired up and motivated to get moving quickly.

Wizefest was a really cool event. The commradery I received and open arms from the staff and fellow traders was awesome. I made some friends there that I'll have for life. I can't wait for Wizefest 2008! I hope to see you there!

Permalink to this post: Wizetrade

No comments: